Your family’s comfort is supremely important to us. We appreciate the trust you put in us to care for your kids. And, we want you to feel welcomed, relaxed, and respected throughout your child’s care—like you’re part of the family. Our commitment to you is to communicate clearly and proactively, to answer your questions, and address your concerns in a timely, considerate manner. We look forward to serving your family for years to come.
Scheduling an Appointment
Our goal is to schedule appointments at the most convenient time for you and your family. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends, starting at one year of age, your child should see a pediatric dentist for a check-up every six months in order to prevent cavities and other dental problems. Therefore, after each of your child’s appointments, we will schedule and/or confirm any follow-up appointments. To make an appointment: call us at (619)579-2363 or click here to request an appointment
Re-scheduling and Cancellations
We have a special spot reserved for your child so keeping your appointment is ideal. But, having families of our own, we understand that life happens and schedules change. If you have to reschedule or cancel your child’s appointment, we request that you please let us know at least 48 hours in advance. Informing us with 48 hours notice allows us to help another child that needs our care.
We understand that your time is valuable. Our experienced team is very careful to ensure that our appointments run on time and according to plan. However, as is the nature of working with children, occasionally there will be surprises that no one could account for in advance and our schedule may be delayed. Every effort will be made to start your child’s appointment on-time. We appreciate your patience as we provide the same care for your child. Please accept our sincere apologies ahead of time should such a delay happen during your child’s appointment.
Financial arrangements are both necessary and beneficial to maintain a sound professional relationship which ultimately benefits your child. On the initial visit, payment for services is due at the time services are rendered.
We accept cash, personal checks, Mastercard, Visa, and Discover. In cases of extensive treatment, CareCredit is available as a monthly payment plan option. Our staff will be happy to assist you with the application process or you may apply online here: Care Credit Application.
As a courtesy, we are happy to help you receive your maximum benefit from your dental insurance provider. In order to do this, we need your assistance and your understanding of our payment policy.
- To request that we bill your insurance, you must complete the insurance form prior to or at the initial visit. You may download the form here and bring it to your child’s appointment.
- Your insurance is a contract between you, your employer and the insurance company. We are not a party to that contract.
- Our fees generally fall within the acceptable range set by most companies that pay a percentage (such as 50% and 80%) of the usual, customary, and reasonable (U.C.R.) fees for the region and therefore are covered up to the maximum allowance determined by each carrier. However, this does not apply to companies who reimburse based on an arbitrary “schedule of fees,” which bears no relationship to the current standard and cost of care in this area. For these companies, we may not be able to secure your maximum benefit.
- Not all services are a covered benefit in all contracts. Some insurance companies arbitrarily select certain services they will not cover. To ensure that your child’s procedure is covered, review the insurance documentation provided by the insurance company or contact your insurance provider directly.
- Prior to receiving notification of your insurance eligibility and your calculated share, if treatment is desired or necessary, 30% of the treatment estimated is required for payment.
- If you wish us to pre-authorize dental treatment, you must make a request with our billing department as this is not a routine procedure.
- Please keep us informed of any changes to your insurance, such as insurance company, policy name, insurance company address, or a change of employment as these may alter your coverage and delay payment.
Past Due Payments
We realize that temporary financial problems may affect timely payment of your account. If such problems arise, we encourage you to contact us immediately, so we can help design a payment program that works for you.