Jean Chan, DDS
I can truly say I love what I do. As I approach my seventeenth year practicing pediatric dentistry, I can reflect a little and honestly say that I feel so fortunate to have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children. Since 1999, I have had the privilege to treat the young people of San Diego with an amazing team of compassionate and caring professionals. San Diego has been a welcome home after a long educational road. I received a Bachelor of Science degree from UC Berkeley, then went on to pursue my Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree from the University of California at Los Angeles. Following dental school, I completed a two-year residency, also at UCLA, where I received my specialty certificate in pediatric dentistry.
While at UCLA, I was honored with the American Academy of Operative Dentistry for excellence in clinical dentistry and received special recognition from the Society of Dentistry for Children for outstanding proficiency in pediatric dentistry.
I am proud to serve El Cajon and all of San Diego County with comprehensive, high quality dentistry in a uniquely caring and non-threatening environment. My passion is to care for others and my goal is to help restore your child’s health and appearance by providing the highest quality of dental care with honesty and integrity. I have had the privilege of treating the young people of this area for over 17 years. I feel very fortunate to be able to watch so many of my patients grow up into happy young adults and to help them achieve healthy grins for life.
- Bachelor of Science, UC Berkeley
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, UCLA
- Two-Year Residency and Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry, UCLA
- Excellence in Clinical Dentistry, American Academy of Operative Dentistry
- Special Recognition for Outstanding Proficiency in Pediatric Dentistry, Society of Dentistry for Children
Ryan Abelowitz, DDS
I feel so privileged to be a part of a profession where I can have a positive influence in people’s lives. I am passionate about getting children on a path to excellent oral health and strive to make their dental experiences positive, fun and educational.
I am so fortunate to be practicing pediatric dentistry in my hometown! I grew up in San Diego and graduated from La Jolla High School where I met my wife, Anna. I then went on to UCLA where I received a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience and pursued my Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree graduating with Honors from the UCLA School of Dentistry. My wife and I then ventured to Texas for my pediatric dental residency at the Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas.
While gaining experience during residency treating healthy children, I also received extensive training at the Children’s Medical Center, Dallas and the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital caring for medically compromised and special needs children.
- Bachelor of Science, UCLA
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, UCLA
- Pediatric Dentistry Residency, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas
- Diplomate with American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Specialized training caring for medically compromised and special needs children, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas and Texas Scottish Rite Hospital
We place a strong emphasis on continuing education and actively pursue opportunities with a special focus on prevention, growth and development, and the latest techniques in dentistry. We also enjoy participating in community events for children and consider it a true honor to have the opportunity to help improve the oral health of your children.
We are active members of the following professional organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Society
- San Diego Women’s Dental Association
- Academy of Laser Dentistry