We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. During this time, our team has been busy working to prepare a safe environment for you and your family. Although many things have changed, our commitment to your health and safety is as strong as ever.
We Are Committed to Your Health and Safety
Our mission is to progressively advance the safety and quality of your dental office experience, so that you can continue to maintain and improve your oral health with a high-degree of confidence. Our office exceeds the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
New Office Safety Measures
We have been working diligently and thoughtfully to put systems in place to make your already safe experiences in our dental office SAFER than ever before. These measures include:
- Advanced physical distancing and smart scheduling protocols to reduce person-to-person contact.
- Routine screening to minimize the chance of patients and dental office personnel being in the dental office after exhibiting COVID-19 signs or symptoms. This includes routine infrared touchless thermometer temperature checks and comprehensive questions about signs, symptoms, and third party exposure history.
- Respiratory protection protocols using fully compliant PPE, including N95 respirators, face shields, gowns, and other protective gear, designed to keep everyone safe.
- Increased ability to disinfect surfaces and eliminate airborne exposures through the frequent application of virus-killing microbicides, strategic barrier placement, and safe UV-C light decontamination.
- Medical-grade HyperHEPA filtration technology installed into each of our HVAC systems. These state-of-the-art units proactively use oxygen to seek out and destroy 99% of bacteria, viruses, mold, and spores. It is the only product laboratory-tested and proven to reduce the germs in a sneeze by 98% before they travel 3 feet.
- Hospital Grade Sanitation using Geneon’s hospital-grade hypochlorous acid (HOCL) disinfectant, killing 99.99999% of common germs in less than 30 seconds. HOCL is a non-toxic, powerful oxidant and is already being used in healthcare sanitation, food safety, and water treatment.
- “Stay Safe” zones throughout the office, giving you the ability to frequently wash your hands and arms with soap and water and apply hand sanitizer.
- Tele-dentistry to communicate remotely about your dental needs, address questions and stay connected.
New Scheduling Procedures & Office Guidelines
You will notice some new procedures when you arrive for your next appointment. We ask for your patience as these changes may take some getting used to. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect you and our team.
Screening Questions & Temperature
You will be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office. Upon arrival your temperature will be taken with a touchless forehead thermometer.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to fill out all the necessary paperwork.
We are following social/physical distancing guidelines for everyone’s safety. We highly encourage parents to allow their child to come in for their appointment by themselves.
Everyone is required to wear a mask while in our office at all times.
Use Restroom at Home
We ask that you and your child use the restroom at home just before coming for your appointment.
Brush and Floss at Home
We ask that your child brush and floss at home before coming to their appointment.
We ask that your child wear or bring warm clothing as our office tends to be chilly inside.
Parents Wait Outside
During your child’s appointment, we kindly ask that you wait in your vehicle or outside the office. When we are ready for your child, we will text you with instructions to enter the office.
Wash Hands Upon Entry
Your child will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water/hand sanitizer as soon as they enter the office.
You may notice that team members will wear an increased level of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s).
We have increased our frequency and ability to disinfect surfaces and eliminate airborne exposures using virus-killing microbicides, strategic barrier placement outside each operatory, enhanced air filtration usage (medical grade HEPA filtration technology), extra-oral vacuums and safe UVC light decontamination.
We can also use tele-dentistry when appropriate to communicate with you remotely about your dental needs.
We Can’t Wait to See You Again!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at (619) 579-2363. Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Jean Chan, Dr. Ryan Abelowitz, and the Healthy Grins Team